The Epic Exit Interview: Sonya Joyner
It's our first Epic Exit Interview of 2019!
Before we open Lauren Gunderson's "The Revolutionists," we wanted to check with a member of our last production Lorca's "The House of Bernarda Alba."
So we got in touch with Sonya Joyner, who played well above her age, and gave us a brilliant portrayal of Bernarda's mother.
Here's the Epic Exit Interview for "The House of Bernarda Alba" with Sonya Joyner.
1. What's your favorite line from the show? (It doesn't have to be yours.)
"I could bring a wild stallion to it's knees with the strength of my little finger"
2. What character would you like to play other than your own?
3. Is this your first time playing a character so much older than you?
4. Which of the five daughters was your favorite?
5. Last year in "Milk Like Sugar," you played an...interesting mother as well. Is this your new niche?
Looks like it.
6. Who does the stuffed lamb belong to?
Amelia. She's the comforting one
7. We know you're always busy. What's your next project?
I'll be starting to work with Red Sage Stories again, performing Playback Theatre & Art for Social Change. I've also got a few auditions coming up
8. What did you learn from doing the show?
That I have so far to go skill wise......And that I need more self confidence.
9. Who will you miss the most?
This was an amazing group of women to work with and I'll miss them all, especially Ricci and Carol.
10. Describe the experience in one word.